Alligator Gar tank size

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
i know they get 10ft but i had a true alligator gar in my 75 and it died to my Aro. how long can i keep a gator gar in a 180?

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
Ive explained this so many times..... My parents are finally letting me get a 180, my dad is the CEO but i will be once he steps down. The tank is in my parents house. For graduation I'm getting my own house which is being built as we speak. The reason my fish are in a 75 right now is that my parents wouldn't let me get anything bigger. My house will be built with a 1000G tank and 5000G outdoor pound/pool. IDGAF if people call me out cuz i know whats gunna end up happening so yeah. Id like to not have to explain all this again

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Ive explained this so many times..... My parents are finally letting me get a 180, my dad is the CEO but i will be once he steps down. The tank is in my parents house. For graduation I'm getting my own house which is being built as we speak. The reason my fish are in a 75 right now is that my parents wouldn't let me get anything bigger. My house will be built with a 1000G tank and 5000G outdoor pound/pool. IDGAF if people call me out cuz i know whats gunna end up happening so yeah. Id like to not have to explain all this again
If you don't care then stop acting like a little kid.

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
i know they get 10ft but i had a true alligator gar in my 75 and it died to my Aro. how long can i keep a gator gar in a 180?
There has never been a documented case of a 10 footer.

Gars can be quite sensitive to aggression so you losing it to the arowana is not surprising.

A true gator gar should get 24" or more the first year if cared for properly. So max you are looking at a year for it to outgrow the tank.

MrDuckBootz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2016
Parkland Fl
How am i acting like a little kid by asking about tank size for my future gator gar. I know hell be straight in a 5000g pond but i didn't know for sure how long he'd be able to live in a 180.

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
How am i acting like a little kid by asking about tank size for my future gator gar. I know hell be straight in a 5000g pond but i didn't know for sure how long he'd be able to live in a 180.
For someone who's 17, AND the son of a "rich ceo," you are well mannered and spell perfectly AND even behave maturely.

But in the end, if you really ARE the son and inheritor of a rich ceo, we get to watch the fall of another aristocrat and family business, considering how ill suited you make yourself seem for the position.

Do some research yourself man. You CAN'T keep any gar in a 75, and you CAN'T keep an Arowana in a 75 either.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
....your own house without earning it hurts me right in the American Dream....

either way don't get a gator gar until you have your pond. Even then I still feel like gator gars shouldn't be in the pet trade regardless.

Reactions: Dave jordan and ehh
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store