Amazing Coloration on My Oscar !

jshep105

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2011
Massachusetts, USA
Hey bro check out my post above this, and look into different types of oscars youll find some interesting stuff aside from commomly lfs found specimen, gold, lemon, platinum, bumble bee, and various wild strians all different depending geographical location. There are probably many more as this is an extremely popular fish that has been in the trade for ages.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
Didn't he specifically say that it was a red tiger Oscar though?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
What do you think about the bumble bee o's i posted pics of earlier, pretty simular if not the same? Yours is a stud.

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
Didn't he specifically say that it was a red tiger Oscar though?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
He bought it as a red tiger but that just means that what the lfs thought, anything could happen at an lfs or even a breeder fish get mislabeled all the time, thats why so many people are against hybrids in the hobby. Check out the previous post i placed about bumble bee oscars and let me know what you think. I personally think it is a cross bumble bee x red tiger but just my opinion, i have been wrong before, that one time..... That i thought i was wrong, lol im just kiddin

livelymc

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 21, 2011
United Kingdom
Had one the same as him n it was a tiger Oscar. Mine was darker and went that lighter colour jus before I found it dead. Have pics on here somewhere. I'm not saying that's the case with urs. Just maybe a proper water test at Lfs just to make sure all params are fine. U never know u may already have nitrate in ur tap water. Lovely fish thou n best of Luck

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

xellos

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
He bought it as a red tiger but that just means that what the lfs thought, anything could happen at an lfs or even a breeder fish get mislabeled all the time, thats why so many people are against hybrids in the hobby. Check out the previous post i placed about bumble bee oscars and let me know what you think. I personally think it is a cross bumble bee x red tiger but just my opinion, i have been wrong before, that one time..... That i thought i was wrong, lol im just kiddin

the lfs said it was a tiger oscar , but i bought it cuz it looked special and different from the oscars ive seen

00rollins

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2011
Strong Island ,NY
the lfs said it was a tiger oscar ,but i bought it cuz it looked special and different from the oscars ive seen
Lfs are often wrong when it comes to stock, breeders mislable, and they buy from the public sometimes ect..

Your guy is special hes a real stud. Im sure its possible that he is just an anomali red tiger, but i will stick to my original impression with the bumble bee, or x of some sort

xellos

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2012
Beirut, Lebanon
Lfs are often wrong when it comes to stock, breeders mislable, and they buy from the public sometimes ect..

Your guy is special hes a real stud. Im sure its possible that he is just an anomali red tiger, but i will stick to my original impression with the bumble bee, or x of some sort
Whatever he is , he is my favourite fish !

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store