amphilophus amarillo from fry to 7incher...

k-orie-8

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2009
texas
Just got two 1 1.5 inch F1 Amirillos hope they look as good as your guy nice fish .They will be in A tank with 4 trimacs and 4 islates reds . Got them from Jeff Rapps , Tangled up in cichlids. will post pictures when everyone settles in.

Tug

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Wyoming
Wow old thread guys.....

Well as long as it got bumped I may as well give an update. I'm the one that took this fish to the auction some time ago and was bought by a good friend (the OP). He housed this monster until he hit the 10" mark and decided to get rid of him so of course I jumped on the chance to get this fish back. So now he lives here with me....he's mean as hell and kills for fun....coolest fish I've ever owned!!:headbang2

Here are a few of his latest pictures

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

Reactions: Gourami Swami

Carg R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Texas
Old video of the fish mentioned above...Tug made the video, I just laughed at it...a lot.

whopjag

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2010
Atlanta
Wow I wonder if the Trimac is a natural cross with these because I can Definitely see the similarities in both fish!

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
Carg --

are you the same Carg that started this whole thread so long ago? Assuming you are....

Have you had any other Amarillo since this one? How common is the red throat on Amarillo? I really like the snub nose look of this species, but I've never noticed they have so much red. That makes Amarillo even better in my mind.

I'm trying to decide between a Hoga or Amarillo breeding project.......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store