Anaerobic Bacteria

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
I have been interested in the aquaculture side of the hobby for some time myself. I went as far as purchasing a 275 gallon tote I planned to make something out of but never have. It's still sitting outside calling to me.
Read a lot about cyclonic filtration and collection of the waste to feed the planting beds an such.
Always wanted to build one of those cyclone filters.

Reactions: J. H. and kno4te

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Aquaculture is my hopeful career, so loads to learn before that! You people are shaping me into a fish maniac;:p

Reactions: BIG-G and J. H.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
Aquaculture is my hopeful career, so loads to learn before that! You people are shaping me into a fish maniac;:p
Your young and plenty to look forward too and I have no doubt that some day you will accomplish your goals. That sounds like a great opportunity for future growth as the worlds population increases the demand will definitely increase.

Reactions: jaws7777 and J. H.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
When you become a hotshot aquaculturist dont forget about us little guys lol

Reactions: BIG-G

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Your young and plenty to look forward too and I have no doubt that some day you will accomplish your goals. That sounds like a great opportunity for future growth as the worlds population increases the demand will definitely increase.
Aquaponics is my forté. I'm going to a professor to discuss career and study options soon.

When you become a hotshot aquaculturist dont forget about us little guys lol
I won't! :D

Ph
Tap 6.6 or 6.8
Tank 7.2
That's new, PH rising. Usually PH goes down after going into tanks. Mine comes in 9.0 and settles at 7.5, on that note I need an ageing barrel

Reactions: J. H.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
Aquaponics is my forté. I'm going to a professor to discuss career and study options soon.

I won't! :D

That's new, PH rising. Usually PH goes down after going into tanks. Mine comes in 9.0 and settles at 7.5, on that note I need an ageing barrel
Very odd...usually plants and dw will help lower it.

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
he probably has coral or shills or bones some sort of buffer in there. Or maybe the fancy denitrator bacteria raise the ph instead of lowering it.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Very odd...usually plants and dw will help lower it.
Definitely strange.
I have very soft water so why the high PH I'm not sure

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
he probably has coral or shills or bones some sort of buffer in there. Or maybe the fancy denitrator bacteria raise the ph instead of lowering it.
No buffers.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store