Angelfish Tankmates

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
How do u sex Angels and do I know my types of Angels I'm not super rich on the details
The marble/leopard Angel pair has laid and fertilized eggs before. The Veil tails have their breeding tubes out, and that is how I know. The female breeding tube is larger than the males, being that it has to accommodate for the eggs. The male tube is much smaller and protrudes from the body less. Breeding tubes always extend from the body, and are located behind the anus.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
The marble/leopard Angel pair has laid and fertilized eggs before. The Veil tails have their breeding tubes out, and that is how I know. The female breeding tube is larger than the males, being that it has to accommodate for the eggs. The male tube is much smaller and protrudes from the body less. Breeding tubes always extend from the body, and are located behind the anus.
Basically I sexed them with low nitrates, the correct pH, and a piece of slate.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Sounds like you have experience with discus. Can I keep them at 80 degrees, since I have other fish in the tank. Their was a guy on craigslist selling the same thing my lfs is selling for $40 instead of $60.

Steven Williams

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2015
Sounds like you have experience with discus. Can I keep them at 80 degrees, since I have other fish in the tank. Their was a guy on craigslist selling the same thing my lfs is selling for $40 instead of $60.
Lol I sound like I have experience but I don't I've never had discus cause I don't have the budget but from what I know about discus ur risking it at 80 the lowest for discus is normally 82 but 40 bucks is a pretty good deal but discus do grow massive too so it'd be stretching it plus no nippy mates with these gentle giants (except to each other)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store