Animals for an aviary!!!!

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I have some questions.
How are you planning on building this aviary? What will it be made of?

Will it be elevated off the ground or will it be setting directly on the ground? If it's on the ground, have you considered how to keep animals from digging underneath it and getting inside? Raccoons, fox, dogs and even cats are known to dig underneath ground level aviaries to get to the birds.
Its gonna be on cement so there is no way of entry by digging unless you know of some animal that can dig threw cement and also im putting dirt on top of the cement so I can grow plants there.

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
You’d have to do it over dirt. Unless your gonna have like a foot deep of dirt there. The roots of plants get very big and you may have issues if not deep enough

Reactions: Magnus_Bane

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
You’d have to do it over dirt. Unless your gonna have like a foot deep of dirt there. The roots of plants get very big and you may have issues if not deep enough
Yeah that wont be a problem i was planning either way for it to be pretty deep.

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Your other option instead of doing all dirt is to create some raised beds for your short plantings and use tall plants in tubs. Cheaper that way and should still look good.

Have you looked at any online videos of creating a home aviary of that size? Should be helpful to get an idea of costs as well as maintenance.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store