Animals for an aviary!!!!

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Isn’t her name Phoenix? She’s a beautiful bird, I’ve been trying to persuade my parents to let me get one. They think it’s gonna be very loud, so I’m looking for one that isn’t as loud.
Yes His name is Phoenix.
If you are looking for one that's not as loud I would look at one of the many varieties of Green Cheeks.
You can do things to lessen the noise level as well. Sunnies like to greet the sun when it rises and sets. If you give it something else to concentrate on during these times you can stop it.

Reactions: MatteoTheEnder22

Gourami Swami

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
NJ
Very cute budgies!
Love birds are considered a bad choice to mix because they are more aggressive than most other small birds.
Here is a pretty good page on mixing birds with budgies http://www.birds-online.de/allgemein/anderevoegel_en.htm
Other parakeet species like linoleated's are a good choice. Linoleated ("linnies") are one of my favorite birds!

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
Also is there any way that love birds/ parrotlets can live in there?
Parrotlets are one among the small birds known to give the kill bite.

And African love birds are also nasty.

Budgerigar would be seen as competition by the above birds mentioned, it's always better to have colony of similar birds, unless you have 600+sqft of foot print and a 20' tall aviary

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
Very cute budgies!
Love birds are considered a bad choice to mix because they are more aggressive than most other small birds.
Here is a pretty good page on mixing birds with budgies http://www.birds-online.de/allgemein/anderevoegel_en.htm
Other parakeet species like linoleated's are a good choice. Linoleated ("linnies") are one of my favorite birds!
Thx my budgies are literally my prides and joy also thx on the lovebird note kind did not expect that with them ahving love in their name lol also the linnies are actually a parrot I see here in peru I’ll see if I can get a pic of a flock of them soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gourami Swami

MatteoTheEnder22

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2020
Miami
I have another question where should I buy the birds for the aviary? preferably online does anyone know any good websites to buy birds online?

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
I have some questions.
How are you planning on building this aviary? What will it be made of?

Will it be elevated off the ground or will it be setting directly on the ground? If it's on the ground, have you considered how to keep animals from digging underneath it and getting inside? Raccoons, fox, dogs and even cats are known to dig underneath ground level aviaries to get to the birds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store