Another African Tiger question for the experts

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
Hey Phully, I remember seeing a pic of your monster ATFs former tankmate that was pushing 20"+. What size tank is it in?

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Hey Phully, I remember seeing a pic of your monster ATFs former tankmate that was pushing 20"+. What size tank is it in?
Hey Tigerfangs,,, yeah that ATF belonged to a buddy of mine... probably much bigger now?!! :22_yikes: kept it in a 900g tank.

MONSTER FORSKALLI!!... :y220d:

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
PhullTank57 said:
Hey Tigerfangs,,, yeah that ATF belonged to a buddy of mine... probably much bigger now?!! :22_yikes: kept it in a 900g tank.

MONSTER FORSKALLI!!... :y220d:
Thanks man, That thing is a Bad MoFo!!!

Chad

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
What is there temperment like at large sizes? Was thinking of growing a group of 5 out for my Odd ball pond.

tigerfangs

Candiru
MFK Member
May 5, 2005
They tend to stop being so skittish. Also, though generally not too aggressive, some individuals become increasingly belligerant, taking shots at their tankmates, not only other ATFs.
Smaller fish previously not looked at as prey may be added to the menu, because their jaws and teeth are more developed and much larger which enables them to neatly slice other fish (much to large to swallow whole) to bite sized pieces.

IoStrisciare

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
A Watery Grave
Any info abt forskalli? eg. size, temperament and requirements?

I heard they are v delicate when young...

viper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
HAVE A 12 INCH ONE VERY NERVOUS FISH IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT HIM HE TAKES OFF INTO THE GLASS OR ATTEMPS TO JUMP OUT VERY SCARY.WHEN I GO TO CLEAN THE INSIDE GLASS HE,S JUMP OUT SEVERAL TIMES.NOT REALLY WORRIED ANYMORE THEY SELL THEM CHEAP IN DELAWARE 30-40 DOLLARS.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store