Another plywood build ( 400 gallon +)

Freshwater4Life

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2015
VB
Just read this entire thread. Really nice setup! If you don't mind me asking, how much did this build cost you? I'm looking for a big tank for my Arowana and catfish and a DIY plywood build seems the most cost effective. Admittedly I'm not a real handy guy but I suppose anything can be learned with enough focus right? Plus this build seemed pretty straightforward. Again....great build. The tank looks great!
Thank you ! As far as plywood builds go I would say yes their pretty straightforward but I would be lying if I said it was easy and you didn’t have to pay a lot of attention to detail but no it’s not rocket science and being handy with wood and tools def helps a lot. Like most projects it’s all about the tools and patience. Price ? Hmm. I spent more than I had to by using starphiire glass and actual trim boards instead of ripping from the plywood sheets. And I used west system epoxy and fiberglass so that was another 100 bucks. All in all I would say about 1800$ 1900$ bucks but could have been done for at least 1400$. That’s my rough math estimate.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store