Anubias sp. White Rose

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Ok I bought one Fat Homer Fat Homer ! Will see how it turns out. Thanks to J J. H. for the link.

NathanKS

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2016
Nor*Cal
I have an Anubis nana petite white. Its not pure white like the white roses, but has white streaks.

I wonder if they took the streaked ones and tissue cultured them for all white ones.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Ok I bought one Fat Homer Fat Homer ! Will see how it turns out. Thanks to J J. H. for the link.
Sweeeet!!! Look forward to seeing them in your tank... hopefully i dont get too tempted once i see it lol...

Reactions: kno4te

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
This popped up on my state planted tank fb page a little while ago.
****not my picture, taken from fb seller****
CC9AF17E-ECB7-4878-A95E-73C0228C4CFB.jpeg
Being sold as Snow White anubis nana. $30 a culture

Pretty, but looks too delicate for my kinda tanks.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
This popped up on my state planted tank fb page a little while ago.
****not my picture, taken from fb seller****
View attachment 1349897
Being sold as Snow White anubis nana. $30 a culture

Pretty, but looks too delicate for my kinda tanks.
I wonder if its the same plant but just the distributor named it differently over here???

Coz at $30 i wouldnt mind testing it out if it was local to me since i’ve spent up to $50 on rare buces around that size...

Also, its great to see more of these white anubias pop up coz that gives me hope i maybe able to try some out for cheap too...

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Damn that was quick lol... looks pretty good too... Just a quick question though, was that taken with a flash or without???
W/o flash on my iPhone.

Reactions: Fat Homer

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
"White rose" nubes used to sell for $200 and up, glad to see price decline, they used to be next to impossible to get.

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
The stuff I'm seeing here stateside looks a grade below the HK shots Homer posted. Not sure how much lighting comes into to play but I assume anything worth $200 USD there is gonna be at least twice at much stateside.

My observation has been thus, if the demand over there (HK) is high enough that they can charge $200, they more than likely won't import it. (yet) Fish trade here is peanuts compared to Japan and China. Tons of enthusiasts in Asia willing the spend top dollar for trends and they are in a region of close proximity reducing import costs, in addition to more lax import laws.

Once supply tips over demand you will see the prices drop drastically, and then lower grade stuff becomes available economically stateside. Usually the high end stuff still holds a premium price tag and require import. Vince is one of the few people you will see importing the latest greatest stuff from Asia because it is cost prohibitive.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store