Any fish that have never been bred before?

eeee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2019
I am trying to find species of freshwater fish that have never been bred before. I've researched, but haven't been successful.

anything helps!:headbang2

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Literally take a list and come up with 20 different freshwater fish, throw a dart, whatever it lands on likely hasn’t been bred if you did it correctly.
If you want to breed something that hasn’t been bred before then you need to go with something rare as the cheap fish are commonly bred.
Toxotes blythii
Maybe Senegal bichir? They’re bred but by accident by normal fish keepers.

AaronKWolfe

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2019
There's a fair amount of them that haven't been documented, but it probably has been done before. I'm sure there are some that have never been bred, but they are probably rare

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
try breeding a flower horn and a blood parrot cichlid SUPER difficult but the babies can sell for good money

eeee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2019
thanks for the info! I have some flower horns and I might try breeding them with a blood parrot. There are some good quality parrots at my local fish store

Kolton13

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2019
Awesome! There both hybrids so it will be a challenge so it might not work first try

Good Luck!

maxstillen

Dovii
MFK Member
May 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Flowerhorn and parrots has been cross bred for years. They are I think one of the easiest to pair up since I've done it plenty of times before.

I have few different hybrid projects going on right now that I have never heard been done.

I have spawn of carpintis x srm growing out right now.

A spawn of red texasXgus red spot vieja female x carpintis male.

A spawn of cuban x srm.

I got few more hybrid crosses in mind down the road.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store