Any sculpin keepers?

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
I had two from the beach, but I guess going from 45-50 degrees up to 70-ish overnight was a little rough. Next time I'll try them in the basement first. :(

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
yeah, when i finish my man cave(a room built beside my caiman enclosure. hinch the second windom on the side) im moving all my cold water species down there. really want to raise sculpin again. true monsters!!! but the dace i just got is preety nasty too. attacks the siphon piranha style!! maybe a crap load of them in the 10g..... like 6...... hmmmm..... and i do know were a piebald specimen is.... and...(wonders off mumbling to himself)

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Yay!!! Sculpin lovers!! i have one mottled suclpin in a planted/ rocky tank looveee this little guy he is so fun to watch, loves to eat the guppies i feed , worms and anything that wiggles....or doesn't that i put in the tank with it, had it for about a year now

The problem is i dont know the laws on keeping native fish in Washington, a friend got it while fishing and brought it home..so not sure on that if anyone could help me out that would be great i would love to upgrade him to my 36 tank with another of its kind..any help would be great!

^_^

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
Washington State that is

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
ive collected quite a few banded sculpins but never kept them. they are very interesting fish and i'd love to keep one sometime. i guess i'll have to wait till i have a basement to keep it cool for him.

Kaosu

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 8, 2010
Washington State
..here is my prity fishy happy in his planted home

troubleshootn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2010
valdese nc
I found a sculpin in my local river scooped him up took him home, then found out what he was. I had never seen one they are so neat. Yet my bluegills got ahold of him sad I know. Maybe Ill find another soon and can put him in the correct tank:)

latapy10

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2019
Europe
Yay!!! Sculpin lovers!! i have one mottled suclpin in a planted/ rocky tank looveee this little guy he is so fun to watch, loves to eat the guppies i feed , worms and anything that wiggles....or doesn't that i put in the tank with it, had it for about a year now

The problem is i dont know the laws on keeping native fish in Washington, a friend got it while fishing and brought it home..so not sure on that if anyone could help me out that would be great i would love to upgrade him to my 36 tank with another of its kind..any help would be great!

^_^
Hi what was the maximum teperature in your tank or room that could your sculpin tolerate....Mine sculpin died by 27 celsius in room during summer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store