anyone else have alligator/rhino pleco?

sigaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
western massachusetts
just curious. i've had my guy for about nine months, and i think he is awesome! especially when he has his big ol' fin and big tail up. he is just so beautiful. but i haven't seen anyone else talk about them or say that they have one. of course, i haven't been in the pleco forums for a while, and also don't know it's "L" number [not even exactly positive what they are or if they all have one...just identification i'm assuming]. i don't think they're as popular of a pleco...one of the much smaller species and i guess not as attractive to most people...from what i can tell. still, i'm curious if anyone else has one. and pics? haven't got any of mine on this computer.. sorry :[ i'll have to take some

sigaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
western massachusetts
lol yeah mine's messy too, though he's picky. i have a hard time finding things for him to eat. he really likes bloodworms and that's the only thing he eats consistently. i have to try something new everyday for his fruits/veggies or else he gets bored and doesn't eat them

sigaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
western massachusetts
i dunno. i found mine at my lfs when i was looking for a hardy pleco tankmate for my oscar. the guy had two of them i believe. if you have an lfs that is actually a fish store and not just a pet shop you can ask them and they might be able to get you one :]

sigaru

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2010
western massachusetts
@msmasspoly - awesome! i had thought they generally maxed out a little smaller than that, so i'm glad to hear they get bigger!

@warborg - thank you! i've read that article before but it's always good to have a refresher! they're definitely one of my favorites as well, i can't understand why they seem to be so overlooked.. though maybe i'm just imagining it lol :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store