Anyone ever bought from Cichlids of the Americas?

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
Got some fish in a group order very displeased with what I received. I was suppose to get a male Cuban 3"SL got one @ 1.5" TL... Thing died during quarantine, internal parasites. Never ordering from dan again

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Exactly the opposite of my experiences.

Did you talk to Dan about making things right prior to complaining online?

Matt

Got some fish in a group order very displeased with what I received. I was suppose to get a male Cuban 3"SL got one @ 1.5" TL... Thing died during quarantine, internal parasites. Never ordering from dan again

allvol

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
memphis
Have bought from him several times and have been happy each time

driftwood

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 9, 2005
Denver, Colorado
I have bought from him several times and never had a problem and if you didn't try to resolve matters with him prior to coming on here and dishing him that's just not cool. I have never had and issue with his fish.

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
With it being a group buy I was unable to complain directly to dan as I wasn't the one who the purchased the order seemed futile to contact him when my name wasn't on the bill, the 3 trimacs I got on the order perished in 72hours after I received them it was you guessed it internal parasites. This was roughly one year ago. Maybe it's bad luck on My part, but everyone in the order ha something to say negative when it came to the smaller than quoted size fish they received.

jiant2520

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2011
Niagara Falls, New York
With it being a group buy I was unable to complain directly to dan as I wasn't the one who the purchased the order seemed futile to contact him when my name wasn't on the bill, the 3 trimacs I got on the order perished in 72hours after I received them it was you guessed it internal parasites. This was roughly one year ago. Maybe it's bad luck on My part, but everyone in the order ha something to say negative when it came to the smaller than quoted size fish they received.

So you lost the Cuban and 3 Trimacs to IP's and everyone else in the group was upset with the sizes they received, no?? I know you didn't, but did anyone else call Dan up and speak with him?? How many other fish did you get besides the four mentioned, if any, and did they survive?? Did any of the others in the group have IP's too?? I'm sure if everyone was upset over the sizes and all the fish, at least the ones you mentioned, had IP's Dan would have made it right had he been given the chance... that's crazy to hear as I have always had good experiences with Dan...

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
Just the 4 fish. Out of 7 of us only one person didn't complain to my knowledge and that was the guy who ordered festae and got an extra or two included in his bag.

The club I belong to has made more group orders with CoTA, and I haven't heard complaints (other than fish being undersized, I guess that's the status quo.) but for me it's not worth the risk I wasting my money.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
Exactly the opposite of my experiences.

Did you talk to Dan about making things right prior to complaining online?

Matt
it's called sharing experience.

I bought fish from COA. I was happy.

T-roy :drool::goldfish:

dogofwar

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2006
Maryland
www.capitalcichlids.org
Thanks to Dan for his generous donations to the AquaMania Rare Fish Auction last night. I came home with a group of wild-type Petenia splendida...all 4-5"... some amazing rare Amhilophus and other fish as well.

Thanks Dan!

Matt

Stramn

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
Michigan
It is time to eat my words! I gave Dan another shot and he hooked me up with a pair of Blue apes!! He worked with me on shipping and managed to get them to me with my work schedule! The prices were fair and his estimated sizes were spot on! I look forward to ordering from him again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store