Anyone have this in their sump?????

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Bigfishnut Bigfishnut JK47 JK47 any advice?
It’s mulm. Just building from the mechanical process. Just siphon it out every so often and it’s no problem or threat to the system.

Reactions: GoldFinger

GoldFinger

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2017
Ontario
Thanks for the great responses guys. Glad to hear it’s a common problem and not something I was or wasn’t doing. I will shut my pumps off and clean it as best I can periodically.

Do you think the mulm/build up on the heaters in my sump will reduce their efficiency? You would think so, at least slightly. I suppose it would be good practice to clean the heaters as often as possible.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Thanks for the great responses guys. Glad to hear it’s a common problem and not something I was or wasn’t doing. I will shut my pumps off and clean it as best I can periodically.

Do you think the mulm/build up on the heaters in my sump will reduce their efficiency? You would think so, at least slightly. I suppose it would be good practice to clean the heaters as often as possible.
I unfortunately don't see any on my titanium heaters in the sump. I suppose it would depend on how much build up to effect the performance as you noted.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store