anyone here keep scorpions or tarantualas

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not really sometimes it does try to hit me with it's tail but it doesn't even use it's stinger just trying to push me away more so. I handle a good amount of desert hairy and Asian forest scorpions for work just by free handling them. So far I've never even had a close call.

View attachment 1313640
I've found most scorpions to be handable to some degree

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Not really sometimes it does try to hit me with it's tail but it doesn't even use it's stinger just trying to push me away more so. I handle a good amount of desert hairy and Asian forest scorpions for work just by free handling them. So far I've never even had a close call.

View attachment 1313640
I've found most scorpions to be handable to some degree

Reactions: Cowturtle

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Nope just Asian forests. Emperors are actually protected now and hard to come by last ones I saw for sale were $80 ea.
That's interesting. I've found a few on my ramblings to find ants here while on camp. Rather large ones, they are quite cool!

Cowturtle

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 2, 2016
Cincinnati
What type of work do you do? How much are the Asian forest scorps looking for something to replace the emperors
I just work at a petstore our main focus is fish but we do it all. Asian forests are great and pretty much identical to emperors. They're $20 ea which is what emperors were about 5 years ago. They're great to keep and easy to breed.

IMG_20180105_094108_518.jpg

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I just work at a petstore our main focus is fish but we do it all. Asian forests are great and pretty much identical to emperors. They're $20 ea which is what emperors were about 5 years ago. They're great to keep and easy to breed.

View attachment 1314115
Most scores I've found are easy to breed, with the exception of a few like flat rock scorps.

Reactions: Cowturtle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store