anyone keep malawi eyebiters ????

rixy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
cornwall,england
hi,i have 2 nimbochromis livingstoni and 1 eyebiter plus various others.anyone else keep livingstoni or eye biters ????

Scotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 14, 2005
George, South Africa
Welcome RIXY. Yes I have two livingstonii. Had 2 before but lost them when my tank broke. Were just starting to look great when it happened. My two are around 6-8 cm and are growing. Add variety to a largely mbuna tank. How about posting some pic's of your tank and fish? Can't really comment on the compressiceps. :naughty: :woot: :clap :headbang2 :thumbsup:

Ash

I dum care =]
Staff member
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2005
Tampa
Comps are mean little suckers I have one he likes to eat everyones fins... and he's say 10x smaller!! Cool fish though!

malawi4me2

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2006
GA
I tried keeping a tri of comps with the rest of my haps a while back... Ended up trading them in at about 7" because my show-quality male A. baenschi lost an eye in a fight, and so did one of my female C. borleyi... Plus they kept all of my other fish hiding in the corners when it came to breeding. They are mean, but they are definately beautiful fish! (Makes me want 'em back! LOL) Their aggression shouldn't be a problem with the N. livingstoni though...

rickson

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
ashdod-israel
photos.walla.co.il
the N. livingstoni is a good and silent fish but the malawi eyebiters are pretty mean they would eat any thing that fits his mouth and like the others said he liks eating finns and chasing smaller fish :swear:

scott g

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
U.S.A.
Compressiceps are funny fish, I've had a few that were very docile and I've had some that were very mean. I wonder why there is such a tempermant differation? :werd:

rook45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
new jersey
got pics?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store