anyone keep malawi eyebiters ????

KillerKlover

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
Michigan
I had a sweet full colored Malawi eyebiter that just kind of minded his own busness and then my dad killed it when i was on vacation. But its ok i think i am getting a better one from my friend a 8inch full color male its sweet.

Hartzell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Philippines
Ash;231916;231916 said:
Comps are mean little suckers I have one he likes to eat everyones fins... and he's say 10x smaller!! Cool fish though!
I also have one in a tank of cats, an ornate and a 6" gator gar. He's kinda aggressive, but no damage so far. How big do comps get? Will they pose a danger to my 6" ornate?

kay-bee

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 21, 2006
Tampa, FL
I have a few malawi eye biters.

Here's one of my male d. compressiceps (with a male n. venustus in the background):

reptileguy2727

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
Northern Virginia
My compressiceps is in a 75 with a fuscotaeniatus, a venustus, a polystigma, and an ahli. No problems so far. They are all still juveniles though. The compressiceps is the largest and is about 4". Every once in a whiel I see him do a short chase at one of the others, but he never puts any real effort into it.

Muske

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2007
Mundelein IL
No experience w/ the eye biters but all Nimbo.'s seem to be aggressive and can hang pretty much with any other fish. Assuming the size difference isn't that great. Had a 4" Livingstoni w/ a 6" texas, 2 oscars 9 & 10" breeding, 3 convicts breeding, 12 florida gar and a 6" woodcutter cat. The little Nimbo. was always one of the first to eat.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
as I have said in other threads, eyebitters as they are called only get bad names because many do not know how to get them to eat. If they go hungry the other fish start to look good to eat and their eyes are the softest part. Take the eyes then you can take the whole fish. D. Comps are really laid back, but if put in the position can become aggressive and hold their own. I had one for a while that my peacocks killed. Now I have another who is in a grow out with some baby peacocks. Will let him grow a bit first.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store