Anyone know what happened to Piranhakeepers?

Fubijar03

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 27, 2014
Northeast Ohio
Getting back into the hobby soon, and noticed that an old stomping ground seems to be dead and I wondered if anyone had any information on it. Saw a thread from last year but no updates.

Really curious to know what’s up, and I’m sorry if this is inappropriate. Looking forward to spending some time in here as I get back into things.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
back in the day all the piranha keepers go to predatoryfish.com then that shutdown so all the members moved to piranha-fury.net which is still up but basically dead. with obviously a few other forums like piranhakeepers as you mentioned. most of the old school piranha keepers like me moved here...I'm so old school I don't even have FB or instagram so I can't comment on that lol.

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2005
TORONTO
back in the day all the piranha keepers go to predatoryfish.com then that shutdown so all the members moved to piranha-fury.net which is still up but basically dead. with obviously a few other forums like piranhakeepers as you mentioned. most of the old school piranha keepers like me moved here...I'm so old school I don't even have FB or instagram so I can't comment on that lol.
You might have been on tankbusters and aquaria central which existed before predatoryfish.com and alongside with Aquatic Terror before it became Waterwolves which broke up further into monsterfishkeepers and piranha fury which broke further into piranha keepers. There was also piranha forum uk which broke further into piranha central. Piranha Cove existing for short little while during those wild days.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I’m tempted to come back to piranhas. There’s a guy near me trying to sell a gorgeous xingu rhomb. Haven’t kept a piranha in about 15 or more years. But this one def has my attention.

Reactions: tlindsey

audiction

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2014
My Fish Room
You might have been on tankbusters and aquaria central which existed before predatoryfish.com and alongside with Aquatic Terror before it became Waterwolves which broke up further into monsterfishkeepers and piranha fury which broke further into piranha keepers. There was also piranha forum uk which broke further into piranha central. Piranha Cove existing for short little while during those wild days.

oh that's right, forgot about tankbusters...yes I'm a member but not aquaria central. you have a better memory than me.

Reactions: dr exum

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
It got so slow that the site finally went down. There are piranha groups on Facebook with lots of traffic or folks came here.

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Theres not many of us around anymore. The piranha world will only be a small group of us that love the fish for who they are. I remember a lot of people coming on fury and keepers when they first wanted to get piranhas bc they thought they were cool, blood thirsty killers. Asked a bunch of questions, got their first tank realized how skittish and shy they are and quickly left the piranha scene.

cazber

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 22, 2015
Denmark
which facebook channels? :) i would love some more activity. I love Piranhas, ive been keeping them for 15 years. It is so easy to find content on Youtube of every other fish. and all the Monsterfish keepers on Youtube have every other fish than piranha, but i guess thats cause they are illegal in the most of america. ive been commenting on KingOfDIY videos that he should keep piranhas of some sort everytime he asks what he should get. I know they are illegal in florida but would love to see them on predatory-fins :)

Reactions: dr exum and Matteus

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
water wolves! Throwback....

I too was on the p-fury... now mostly deceased forum...

Thankfully MFK going strong!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store