Appropriate snakehead for 6ft tank

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
I saw in the snakeheads gallery one person was housing 3 micro in a 5 ft tank :eek::eek::eek:
Is that possible ?? Thank you Madou for the info:)

Sabarna Bhattacharyya
What applies to tankmates also applies to conspecific. In fact, it's even more important.
No channa work in trio once maturity hits.
In fact, very little predatory fish do.

Either get a single specimen, either a pair (you don't choose a pair, they choose who to pair with, a female and a male very rarely make a pair if put together), or a group in very few cases.

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
Just asking again what if I mix few channa andrao and channa bleheri and channa sp assam in a 6 ft tank with lots of vegetation and drift woods with black water (for few months) as they are sub tropical ? I will add them at one go at winter time. What are your thoughts about this Madou and other mfkers ? Please reply. And thank you Madou for the info.

Thank you
Sabarna Bhattacharyya

Madou

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 22, 2013
Belgique
I honestly don't know, it "might" be enough room for them to be OK with it, skirmishes will happen for sure, but as for whether or not they'll be able to live long term... I would ask Devon's opinion, I don't want to throw you in a bad situation.

D -DC-

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
D -DC-

SBM

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2017
T Tabby7

Mazhar26

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2016
don't mix channa sp , and by the way channa Assam and andrao are same
, bleheri is more aggressive and bigger than andrao , they probably kill them , u must put in a group of bleheri in it

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store