Aquarium Co Op

Supergeorge123

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2018
He seemed to address this today saying the trips "have disrupted business, have disrupted the YouTube channel, have disrupted my life". He also said that he is planning on removing his patreon account by the end of the month.

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
I like him. His videos are often actually informative and you can pull something from them. My only complaint is that aquarium coop doesn’t ship to Canada.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Watching his videos helped me get back into the hobby. I had 4 fish in my 125g for over twenty years but I was doing the bare minimum to keep them alive (water change and filter service once a month).

Someone on a forum linked me his video where he takes about heaters: that's how I found him. The video that really hooked me in was the one about hotrodding filters. I link that to newbies all the time. For years I was wasting money and beneficial bacteria by throwing away cartridges. Finding that video saved me money and helped me optimize my filters.

I happen to love his 800g because clown loaches have always been my favorite fish. I'd probably do something similar to his setup if I had that tank. For those of you hating on the tiger barbs, Cory has said he's taking them out when he has time. In another video, he speculated the tiger barbs were nipping at his big loaches and making them hide more.

I recognize others would use the 800g differently, like having sting rays or something. I just happen to like his setup. For those that like monster fish, he does have two Mbu puffers.

I noticed in the last stream that he said he was shutting down the patreon.

Anyway, I learned a lot listening to his videos and kg tropicals. I dont agree with everything he says: for example, he speaks favorably about Sera foods, but I don't buy them because I don't like the ingredients.

I'll close by saying that finding out he did post here before he owned the store made me like him more as it is evidence that he really enjoys the hobby and didn't just make the YouTube to make money and promote the store. I found his posts by accident early in the summer when I was searching for posts on clown loaches.

Edit:
This is the hotrodding video that hooked me in:

Last edited:

Matteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2018
Canada eh
Watching his videos helped me get back into the hobby. I had 4 fish in my 125g for over twenty years but I was doing the bare minimum to keep them alive (water change and filter service once a month).

Someone on a forum linked me his video where he takes about heaters: that's how I found him. The video that really hooked me in was the one about hotrodding filters. I link that to newbies all the time. For years I was wasting money and beneficial bacteria by throwing away cartridges. Finding that video saved me money and helped me optimize my filters.

I happen to love his 800g because clown loaches have always been my favorite fish. I'd probably do something similar to his setup if I had that tank. For those of you hating on the tiger barbs, Cory has said he's taking them out when he has time. In another video, he speculated the tiger barbs were nipping at his big loaches and making them hide more.

I recognize others would use the 800g differently, like having sting rays or something. I just happen to like his setup. For those that like monster fish, he does have two Mbu puffers.

I noticed in the last stream that he said he was shutting down the patreon.

Anyway, I learned a lot listening to his videos and kg tropicals. I dont agree with everything he says: for example, he speaks favorably about Sera foods, but I don't buy them because I don't like the ingredients.

I'll close by saying that finding out he did post here before he owned the store made me like him more as it is evidence that he really enjoys the hobby and didn't just make the YouTube to make money and promote the store. I found his posts by accident early in the summer when I was searching for posts on clown loaches.

Edit:
This is the hotrodding video that hooked me in:
This is one of the videos I liked as well, just saw it recently but still super helpful.

What does it mean that he is shutting down the patreon? No more YouTube videos?

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
This is one of the videos I liked as well, just saw it recently but still super helpful.

What does it mean that he is shutting down the patreon? No more YouTube videos?
He's still doing videos. People can become a member for $5 for that new "join" option on YouTube or send super chats.

He said he was shutting down patreon as they have all the equiptment they need and he isn't going to be needing the money for trips since he's reducing those.

He didn't really elaborate more, but he seemed to imply that some may have been upset with the reduced number of videos. He said he was going go try to send out the perks for this month and then shut it down before people get charged.

We will just have to see what happens. It looks like the channel is in a transition stage. They stopped the real fish talk channel with the exception of possible future guests similar to what they did with the shrimp guy. Cory also said he planned on doing more live streams and less travel.

Cory might not even have it planned out yet aside from various ideas. Not too long ago he experimented with turning off super chats in his live stream and promoting the patron but last stream he had super chats and talked about shifting down the patreon.

I hope the best for him as I enjoy his content.

Reactions: Matteus

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal
I actually appreciate his large tank full of tigers barbs. It’s unique and fun to watch. It gets real old seeing the same fish in huge tanks...dats, rays, aros, yawn. That combo’s been done ad nauseum. That’s why I got out of reef...you get corals and then you’re suddenly stuck with the same old “reef safe” fish until everyone’s tank looks the same.

Reactions: Matteus

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
I'm surprised there weren't any comments on the parrotfish he moved over there as seen in the latest feeding video.

I'm looking forward to the rainbowfish if he proceeds with that plan.

Cardeater

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2018
Just saw this is the comments on his Ziss Livestream. He had mentioned he stopped carrying some lower selling products due to limited warehouse space but I was surprised about his additional comment:
Screenshot_20181217-122006.png

Anyone care to speculate on that he means by that? I'll continue to use NLS as I'm definitely not switching to Sera fooods, which he promotes a lot. Repashy is decent, which he mentions often as well.

I'm thinking he doesn't like the profit margin on NLS. I would say that it's low performing for him because he never specifically promoted it. He said he used Thera-a in his 800G autofeeder to start then off with garlic, so that shows he has used the product.

He had never said that the food isn't good.

The only other comments I've heard him say is that he didn't use in no the store bc it has a scent and he has a good argument, I suppose, that he didn't want to use something that might cause a significant other of a potential customer to be dissuaded from fish keeping (ie person might think house is gonna smell like garlic or krill).

My only other guess is he doesn't like the price increase from NLS turning to Naturox and Probiotix, hence raising the cost of the phone to?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store