Aquarium Filtration 101

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Great thread for many still trying to figure out what is what.

InfernalCadavers

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
Kansas
I know this might be a somewhat dumb question but I don't have a lot of experience with fish. Anyway, I'm wondering what the best type of filter is for a 55 gallon tank. It has an oscar, synodontis, and plecostomus in it. Right now I have an Emperor 400 for it.

synug

Feeder Fish
Apr 5, 2011
worcester
hi guys,

i'm new to the forum and new to tropical fish keeping. i brought a second hand jewel rio 300ltr tank, it came free with the Eheim 2028 and 2229 external filters. i have the 2028 set up and running. i want to connect the 2229 but i don't have the manual for it. I'm not sure how to set it up. what is the 9mm pipe for in between the inlet and outlet pipes and where does it go to? and what is the best way to fill it up?

any help you anyone can give me would be very much appreciated.
thanks.

silasharris

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2011
chicago
Fish and organisms cause pollution in the form of waste and if not removed would cause toxin development and consequent illness of the fish. However, in your fish tank, you need to add a certain type of equipment in order to remove waste from the water.

Cablemonkey

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2011
Everton, MO
Just a suggestion but you may want to update the Algae filtration as it has come a long was from the version post on here with the Algae Scrubbers! :D

thegs68

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal, Canada
Thanks for all the great information. I will be putting it to good use on my 90g project I'm wanting to start. :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store