Aquarium Filtration 101

Buphy

Dovii
MFK Member
Jun 10, 2015
Texas
Very helpful! Except now I want a sealed pressure system...

Gora DeSoleil

Feeder Fish
Sep 9, 2015
I'm very new to this and am purchasing a home with a VERY large Koi pond (~7500 gallons). I'm not interested in the koi and am considering converting the pond to salt water because I'm under the impression that it will be easier (and more fun) if the pond was salt water. What are some thoughts on this? I'd like to create an ecosystem in the pond that can support itself (with some help of course).

macross02

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2010
Cebu
In the future I would like to own a big tank with a sump. Current setup has eheim canister and a trickle filter. I must find time to do back read on this site to know what is the ideal design for a good sump for a small 150g tank

Castlk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2013
Long Island, New York
Great read thanks for posting it. I run a Fluval 406 and an Aquaclear 110 on each of my 90's.

Vibsee

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2016
India
Very informative.. I have 2 pounds of zeolite and 2 pounds of carbon bags along with other filter media in my 100 galls sump all year round.. I recharge the zeolite twice a month and replace the carbon bags once a month..

kashif

Feeder Fish
Nov 29, 2017
Hey , I want to know more about the sump system I find it very complex , just wanted to know how to set it up..

patrickkakkak

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hii. Im patrick. I'm a college student and i recently got my baby arowana(silver arowana) which is my favorite fish since i was a kid. But now I'm confused of putting up a sump filter though i really don't know how to build one but i thoroughly research on the internet and i have found the best filter is a sump filter for my 32gal tank i have found a design from youtube that uses a trickle filter and moving bed k1 biological filter i really dont know how many kilo of k1 i really need and another pump for the out take to the tank aquarium. Plsss help. Asap. Im going to build my sump filter 2x1x1(by feet). On sunday. I dont really have that much money too cause we are poor asf. Ryt now. Im worried about the ammonia, nitrite,and nitrate lvls of my tank plsss help asap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store