Aquarium related injuries

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Years ago my electric catfish gave me a nice jolt and more recently I ended up with a sore back from bringing home my 265...Thats about it for me.

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
Stung by a lionfish. Not cool at all. Thank god I'm not allergic. I was trying to save a damsel from being eaten by the lionfish and its dorsal fin got me in the thumb. Other than that nothing too serious. I did however get a nasty infection from doing tank maintenance while I had stitches in my hand.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I cut my hand moving a glass top one day but that's about it. The gar has tried to bite me a couple of times but he didn't get me

doomiedee

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2011
Waterbury
I just cut my hand trying to cut PVC for my overflow with a hand saw. Not sure if its bad but looks like I might need stitches

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Not yet I will start a thread when he gets good and settled in and starts glass banging, so probably tomorrow...

I did get tagged by my 10" male jaguar but no damage... Brandon was suppose to be spotting me with my hands in the tank but he failed
You might want to get a better spotter for the Dovii tank.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Years ago my electric catfish gave me a nice jolt and more recently I ended up with a sore back from bringing home my 265...Thats about it for me.
Glass or acrylic?
Stung by a lionfish. Not cool at all. Thank god I'm not allergic. I was trying to save a damsel from being eaten by the lionfish and its dorsal fin got me in the thumb. Other than that nothing too serious. I did however get a nasty infection from doing tank maintenance while I had stitches in my hand.

Ouch!

kissofcrimson

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2010
North Carolina, USA
www.facebook.com
The glass part of my plastic hood was only half glued on, so I could lift it and everything. Forgot about that once day, flipped it over and sliced my fingers. Only injury worth mentioning though.

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store