Aquarium related injuries

woofy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Miami
Speaking of that ^state of being, im starting to think this bump on my head was by going head first in my 110 on my way down to the floor. Does that count? I have no idea how it happened. One my theories.

Also got shocked a bit when sticking my hand to retrieve a shattered heater. :/

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Anchovie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2012
Jersey Shore
Speaking of that ^state of being, im starting to think this bump on my head was by going head first in my 110 on my way down to the floor. Does that count? I have no idea how it happened. One my theories.

Lol

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
Did it work? Did the RTC go for your hand? Surprised no one has come in on this with injuries caused by sharp spined catfish. Seems someone would have been hurt by those.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
What's the longest you've kept a hand in with dovii and not been bit? I imagine that they can move pretty fast when they feel like it. That new dovii may not know the rulesof the game. A bite from a 15 inch one would have to sting a bit. Might leave a mark.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn

I've gotten shocked from turning everything back on. Turning on power strips while hand is still wet... not a good idea.

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Back when I had my saltwater I got electrocuted plugging the protein skimmer back in. Hasn't able to let go of the plug. Had to fall away from the tank to break contact.

I've been but a couple times now when hand feeding the gars. When transporting one of the larger gars by hand it squirmed and ended up piercing me with the spine on the anal fin. Which then broke off in my hand. That was a pain to get out.

When transporting a 150 there was a slight chip that I didn't know off on the bottom with a small section of glass stuck in the silicone. Ended up piercing my hand when I lifted the tank. As I had the one end though I wasn't able to do anything about it until the tank was done being moved.

I've also cut myself multiple times with things like carpet knives while cutting tubing, insulation, liner, etc for ponds/tanks.

Plus many more bumps and bruises along the way.

jag14

Candiru
MFK Member
May 27, 2012
knoxville tn
I wouldn't stick my hand in any tank with spawning going on, the pairs get a little annoyed, and really don't want to be petted. Seems back injuries would be kind of common too with the weight of some of these huge setups.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store