Aquarium software

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
Just remember it's a slow process for saltwater.. your not gonna buy this stuff and all of a sudden have a tank full of coraline algae (purple).

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
I know it's not quick. all I have is a tank and a plan.. What is GARF? I have a 30-gallon tank I was planning on making my own sump with. I keep doing more research thanks.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Most basic aquarium software just has you log nitrates, nitrite, ammonia, pH, etc... and notifies you when the tank is due for a water change. Imo it's not very useful, especially for saltwater tanks, since the skimmers create a nearly nitrate free environment.

flukekiller

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 2, 2014
gloucester, va 23061
i remember just looking at the sand with the night lights on see what was moving around

Reactions: GaryG.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
If I were you I wouldn't skimp on getting live rock and sand. This is one of the most important things in our systems. It's essentially the basis of life in our aquariums. I can't emphasis the the importance of good rock in a saltwater tank. You can buy that stuff cheaper on forums from people breaking down tanks but it's essential for our aquariums to have good rock to keep the fish healthy. A pound per gallon really isn't hard to achieve. Make rock structures and caves out of it eels in particular will love rock crevices and sand. However idk which eels your looking into but most will outgrow a 75 gallon except for probably a snowflake eel and maybe a green wolf but that might be a stretch.

Last edited:
Reactions: GaryG.

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
Hey Fish ,
I was looking at a snowflake since I'm new to eels and I did a lot of reading about them so I figure it would be a good one to get my feet wet with. I just watched the brv video about the rocks. So I can see how that would be better. I think the 75 is a good starting point for me. my goal is a 220-gallon show tank.

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Are you looking to get 2 snowflake eels or are you getting one snow flake as well as a different type of eel, what kind of puffer are you looking into as well. I forgot to mention a jeweled moray in my previous post. I think it would be a good candidate for that sized tank

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
I was thinking a zebra, and a snow flake at fist but I will just go with a snowflake and a dogface puffer . Then some colorful stocking . Have not figured that part out as of yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store