Arapiama Gigas

jclyde13

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2009
Louisville, KY
Gshock;4202662; said:
This is exactly the mindset of most life screw ups. Have the fun now and think about the consequences later...See why we have so many abandoned children in this world?
Because some person in India wants an arapaima? :grinno: (j/k I agree with you :D)

maculata

Banned
Jun 9, 2010
earth
Half-Fish-Half-Amazing;4201359; said:
if u really want it go for. enjoy now worry later;)
in free translation: who cares if the fish meets a painful ending because you are not able to house it properly (just like 99 % of people who buy a pima).what are you even doing on this forum ? the "K" in MFK stands for "keepers" not for "killers".

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
I think there should be a minumum of $100 per inch with these fish.

If you had the tank for it you wouldn't even ask how much the fish was.

Like if your getting upgrades done on your Camaro, you ask how much its going to cost, or do it yourself.

If your getting upgrades done on your Ferrari F40, you only ask "when will it be done?"

Joergemathew

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2008
india
okay so the price is high in most of your opinion and as far as tank size is concerned i would be getting a new tank of dimensions 16'5'4' with in 2 months so i guess that that should do it

softturtle

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2005
N.W. Indiana
Joergemathew;4203246; said:
okay so the price is high in most of your opinion and as far as tank size is concerned i would be getting a new tank of dimensions 16'5'4' with in 2 months so i guess that that should do it
You might as well go double that size, you'll need it in a few years. But that is a good start

Sidrock

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Bombay, India
I have a (noob) question:

Why isn't the pond mentioned in his signature enough for an (nearly 1 ft) Arapaima?

MY POND 16'3'3'[8"Pacu 8"1Tiger Oscar7"5RubyRed Oscar6"2Tiger Oscar1' Albino Catfish 4 Fire Mouth 4 4"Red Devil 6" Black Catfish 4" LG Fh 2"4 RR Oscar 3" Salvani 1' Albino Catfish
If the tank-mates are a problem, I think some of them can be given away as they are not really as "exotic" as an Arapaima.

At OP (Prankur):

I have a 25 ft diameter and 30-40 ft deep (old-style) well in my farmhouse (at Alibag). The minimum water volume (in the Summer) is close to 6000 gallons. (It has some plants growing in it and a lot of moss/algae for biological filtration.)

It is not part of any local water-body (so none of the inhabitants will harm local ecosystems). It is already housing a couple of 1ft albino walking catfish (Clarias batrachus) and a huge common pleco.

The care-takers feed the fish fresh seafood and the catfish seem to be thriving.

So, while I am sure you will run into a million wells like this between Bhopal and Bombay all of them might not have "caretakers". Just throwing this out there as an option (for the non-exotic fish in your pond) :)

Cheers,
Sid

(The name of the shop is Aakar. I have PMed you the shop details I found online. I plan to go there later today. I will confirm if the details I sent you are current.)

iloveoscars702

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2008
Canada... i wish.
Half-Fish-Half-Amazing;4201359; said:
if u really want it go for. enjoy now worry later;)
haha nice one ray ;)

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
the price of the fish doesn't matter at all the fact that some of you seem only to care about the price is horrible its weather or not you can properly care and house the fish and give it the best quality of life possible and if you going to put it in a 16x5x4 absolutely dont get it because in about 5 years it will hardly be able to move you may think that your 16x5x4 is huge and must be big enough well considering that the arapaima is one of the largest fish in the whole world it really is inadequate

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store