Are AngelfishUSA Altum Angels Hardy?!

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Mine came in pretty rough. Lost two but they are replacing them. The water stunk in the bags really bad as well for me and the one they survived had rough and clamped fins. I was quite disappointed but the fish is doing better now. He was barely hanging in there when I first got him though so hopefully the next ones will arrive more healthy.
Do you have pictures of the angels that you got? Did they come to you healthy?[/QUOTE

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
I'm new to raising Altums. I have a group of F1 Pterophyllum Scalare sp Rio Manacapuru and a small group of the F1 oronicos and are all medium to large size angels. Im currently raising them in a 220 gallon tank with some juvie geophagus sveni and Guianacara in soft water and a pH of 6.5. They seem to be thriving and eating like pigs and always looking for more food. I used to raise discus in Barebottom tanks as juvies until they reached adult size so was wondering if that is the same way you should raise these Altums. I do a 30 percent water change every other day. Will they grow out well in a tank that's not Barebottom? Here's a few shots of the tank. My tanks perameters are exactly what you woulld want for these fish too. There's also never a mess left behind with the geophagus sveni, guinacara and Corydoras constantly eating anything left over. Tank is being ran with 2 Fluval fx6 filters.

20171216_160005.jpg

IMG_20171216_160628_492.jpg

20171216_160017.jpg

20171216_160158.jpg

Lilyann

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2017
I'm new to raising Altums. I have a group of F1 Pterophyllum Scalare sp Rio Manacapuru and a small group of the F1 oronicos and are all medium to large size angels. Im currently raising them in a 220 gallon tank with some juvie geophagus sveni and Guianacara in soft water and a pH of 6.5. They seem to be thriving and eating like pigs and always looking for more food. I used to raise discus in Barebottom tanks as juvies until they reached adult size so was wondering if that is the same way you should raise these Altums. I do a 30 percent water change every other day. Will they grow out well in a tank that's not Barebottom? Here's a few shots of the tank. My tanks perameters are exactly what you woulld want for these fish too. There's also never a mess left behind with the geophagus sveni, guinacara and Corydoras constantly eating anything left over. Tank is being ran with 2 Fluval fx6 filters.

View attachment 1289171

View attachment 1289173

View attachment 1289174

View attachment 1289175
They look like they are doing beautifully to me.

Ogertron3000

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Nov 6, 2017
Australia
Nice tank and very nice fish. Looks like you are doing a good job of keeping them happy.
It seems altums are the one fish that cost a fortune no matter where you are in the world.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store