Are micro-chipped/certified Asian arowanas OK in the US?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
you need to edit this post because it's not entirely true, ESPECIALLY the BIG WORDS THAT ARE IN BOLD. For educational and research purposes, THEY ARE LEGAL.
I was wondering how this thread is still going when everything that needed to be said was posted pages ago.....then I came upon this gem of a post with it's unfounded claim.If you are going to make such bold statement then you have to accompany it with some kind of proof.

KevBeaer

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
California
LOL no way they will send anything maybe a picture of an asian arow possibly haha. Asian Arow is hot because they're nice looking but they're illegal so us Americans want anything we can't have and others can.
At least it would be legal! :p hhahaha

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I was wondering how this thread is still going when everything that needed to be said was posted pages ago.....then I came upon this gem of a post with it's unfounded claim.If you are going to make such bold statement then you have to accompany it with some kind of proof.
I also enjoyed that gem. I would advise against picking Oddball Oddball as the person one chooses to argue facts with.. He's forgotten more than most of us will ever know. This topic is always a fun one.

Reactions: Hendre

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Illegal to bring into western australia where I'm at, but according to my lfs if they're already in then it's apparently ok, you just cannot sell it. I find it odd.
Had some government agents (local and national fisheries) came knocking early morning at my place with a search permit. they checked my house and even scanned my black jardini for microchip which they thought was an asian arowana. They are not allowed in AUS from what I understand and any predecessor asian arowana (allowed by law to keep before it got restricted) would have died already by age. That happened a few years back and scene was like a drug bust with a few cars lined up on my street. They came out empty handed though - I'm still tracing the person who tipped me off - maybe just jealous on what i have...

Reactions: Hendre

Jesseliu13

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2012
Holmdel, NJ
EVERY asian arowana ad in the US is BOGUS. I don't care if any seller states these aros come with CITES certification, are chipped, Come with a certificate of authenticity, or have an authorization declaration from the Pope. EVERY live asian arowana is ILLEGAL to possess, sell, trade, or transport within the USA and it's territories.

This is nearly a weekly topic. Believe me when I tell you that; should asian aros ever become legal in the US, MFK will post full-page flashing banner announcements about it. Until then, ...EVERY live aro ad in the USA is a scam or a sting.
i need to repost and quote this because i cant believe how many people actually ask this haha

Danh

Piranha
MFK Member
May 31, 2006
South East
I agree though that I wouldn't believe EVERY ad is bogus. I believe that there may be some people who really have an Asian aro and put it on craigslist for sale. Stupid, but not bogus.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I agree though that I wouldn't believe EVERY ad is bogus. I believe that there may be some people who really have an Asian aro and put it on craigslist for sale. Stupid, but not bogus.
Still illegal

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Had some government agents (local and national fisheries) came knocking early morning at my place with a search permit. they checked my house and even scanned my black jardini for microchip which they thought was an asian arowana. They are not allowed in AUS from what I understand and any predecessor asian arowana (allowed by law to keep before it got restricted) would have died already by age. That happened a few years back and scene was like a drug bust with a few cars lined up on my street. They came out empty handed though - I'm still tracing the person who tipped me off - maybe just jealous on what i have...
What do you intend to do once you find out who the rat is?

Dee eng

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2015
Cambodia
I saw one yesterday for RTG! It only lasted 2 hrs and it was taken off. I was gonna post it on here but it was delete. The same city I live in, looked legit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store