Are micro-chipped/certified Asian arowanas OK in the US?

Yanbbrox

Monster hole digger
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2007
Nr Mcr uk
Probably going to get warning/ban for this(last time I came back I did)

1: Never take on oddball
2: Illegal in the USA for the hobbyist
3: Very hard to get a permit even for a public aquirum

To conclude, move to Canada, or don't keep one

Reactions: Rojo1991

jcswan85

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2018
a jardini is very close to an asiam arowana minus the bright colors. They are virtually indistinguishable though when it come to body shape

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
a jardini is very close to an asiam arowana minus the bright colors. They are virtually indistinguishable though when it come to body shape
The body shapes are very distinguishable actually.

hibackgoldaro

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2018
Toronto, ON
I called the same guy ( or so I think), same website, same bs excuse about CITES certificate, and then he hung up on me when I asked about buying the fish in person with my "friend" who "works for fish and game" .
It's all over the net, just Google it.
Out of curiosity how do you Canada ppl get the fish? Just walk in point, they bag it and give you a certificate or do you have to register with it like you would a gun?maybe a simple address check? I mean whats really stopping us from crossing the border and walking out with a fish in a bag and "forgetting" to claim it at the border? Aside from 1. It's illegal 2. The fines are ridiculous 3. There are plenty of beautiful fish legally available.

P.s.i do hope I see that banner that USA pulled their head out ....atleast for chipped farm bred fish....or I'm retiring to canada

you just walk into the lfs..pick the one you want....they will scan it with a micro chip reader to match the chip number with the certificate from the farm...

Reactions: Bcrafty

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Argent sale?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store