Are North American Fish Popular In Other Countries?

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Makes an interesting captive, I've seen them grow over 20 inches
Yea crossed my mind lol. I was contemplating it smaller of the two but I’ve seen big ones I couldn’t house so I made it into tacos with my nephew

Pond9

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2017
Makes an interesting captive, I've seen them grow over 20 inches
Yea crossed my mind lol. I was contemplating it smaller of the two but I’ve seen big ones I couldn’t house so I made it into tacos with my nephew

Tim the fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2018
Just wondering because we have some really colorful and cool fish here that almost no one here cares about so I was wondering if they were in big demand elsewhere.
I think some of our native fish are awesome. I had a blue Gill that lived for 8 years. He was gorious and had a lot of personality. His name was BJ. I cried when he died. It is to bad some of our native fish are not appriciated. I would love to get a muskie but I know I won't be able to give it.the right enviroment to live in.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
I think some of our native fish are awesome. I had a blue Gill that lived for 8 years. He was gorious and had a lot of personality. His name was BJ. I cried when he died. It is to bad some of our native fish are not appriciated. I would love to get a muskie but I know I won't be able to give it.the right enviroment to live in.
Yeah me too, how about a Redfin pickerel?

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
Fossils? Awesome. I've collected some in the UK quite a few years back.

Mollies are popular here, a friend of mine breeds black mollies. Quite pretty!

They are listed as invasive here. I sent most of the ones I collected to a university for study or observation. They're a nuisance.

Darters are gorgeous, I wouldn't mind some of those.

Cape kurper (Sandelia capensis) are probably my favourite native. Similar to a cichlid but actually a labyrinth fish. Had some at Kirstenbosch gardens:View attachment 1318353
Aren't Cape Kurpers from Africa?

L3CTR0N

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 14, 2017
Singapore
Oops sorry about that. But hey thats pretty coool. One of my dream fish. I used to have one anabas testiduneus, well it was close enough to any of the Sandelia genus.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store