thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I'd say the growth rates you are reporting indicate something is very wrong. The fish must be stressed and uncomfortable and hence are not eating or barely eating and barely surviving. We need to troubleshoot your tank and care.

The guys are steering you in the right direction above.

I'd suggest reading this thread and giving as much info as you can here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ealth-diagnostics-read-before-posting.210102/

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
My Granulosus ate hikari sinking cichlid gold, raw shrimp, algae wafers. Recently sold it off at around 15" and about 1.5 years old.

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

aes1687

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2018
Indonesia - California
I wouldn't bother with that but I would keep up a regular water change schedule while feeding them the highest quality pellets that you can get.How big is the tank,what's your filtration system and what other fish do you have in there?
Its a 250gal, my filtration is a cannister filter which i clean and do 50% water change every 2 weeks, and tankmates include pbass, clownknife, paroon shark, bichir and a wolf

Reactions: thebiggerthebetter

aes1687

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2018
Indonesia - California
What is the tank decor like? Very strange imo to see both of them resting vertically if perfectly good floor cover is available and not someone else's territory. When you say a community tank, what are we talking? A community of mid water swimmers or a tougher community of territorial bottom dwellers?
That photo was taken last year, now the decor is basically driftwood in the sides of the tank where they now hide, and a bare center of the tank.

aes1687

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2018
Indonesia - California
I'd say the growth rates you are reporting indicate something is very wrong. The fish must be stressed and uncomfortable and hence are not eating or barely eating and barely surviving. We need to troubleshoot your tank and care.

The guys are steering you in the right direction above.

I'd suggest reading this thread and giving as much info as you can here: https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...ealth-diagnostics-read-before-posting.210102/
Thank you so much, will do!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Its a 250gal, my filtration is a cannister filter which i clean and do 50% water change every 2 weeks, and tankmates include pbass, clownknife, paroon shark, bichir and a wolf
Eh,not to be critical but that seems like quite a workload for a single cannister filter.I suspect that your filtration coupled with the water changes and some of those other fish you have are impeding your cat's growth.

aes1687

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2018
Indonesia - California
Its a 15watt 600 liter per hour cannister, but I am considering getting another cannister for the tank. Do you think changing to weekly cleanings would make a difference?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Its a 15watt 600 liter per hour cannister, but I am considering getting another cannister for the tank. Do you think changing to weekly cleanings would make a difference?
Yes,I think that weekly changes of at least fifty percent would be beneficial.Good looking paroon shark btw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store