Arowana breathing heavily!!

Lteetaa

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2016
I have a 5" albino silver aro that suddenly stop eating for a week and breathing very heavily. At first I thought it was just full from its daily feeding of one frozen prawns(usually half of it). I noticed the heavy breathing again the following day so I didn't feed it for the next 2 days as I wanted it digest. After the 2 days aro doesn't seem to touch it's food, usually when I go near the tank aro is always energetic, but doesn't seem to give a bother. 4 days of not eating i decided to do 20% WC daily and I have put it medicine just in case of curl or infection but no difference yet!
Rise temp up to 29
Perimeter all good View attachment 1206209 1474990821723-1037229912.jpg

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome to MFK. How long has the aquarium been up, and running do you test the water parameters nitrite, ammonia, nitrate 's . Do you have any dechlorinator such as prime to treat water during water changes?

Reactions: Dee eng

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Welcome to MFK. How long has the aquarium been up, and running do you test the water parameters nitrite, ammonia, nitrate 's . Do you have any dechlorinator such as prime to treat water during water changes?

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
how big of a tank is it in? what are the water parameters, not just "good", what are the numbers?

Reactions: Dee eng

Lteetaa

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2016
I have a 500l tank about over a year old, I also have another aro that is 13" and is completely fine and gets along very well with the little aro.
And yes I prime every water change.
PH: .7.2
Water temperature 29.4
No2/3 : 0
GH: 8d
KH: 10d
All the other fish in the tank nothing out of the norm.
2 air stone on full, lights are never turned on cos use natural light from garden.
Suddenly change after giving it one whole prawn and no feed after 2 days. And continue to not show interest till now even when trying different food.

Lteetaa

Feeder Fish
Sep 27, 2016
Haven't done water change yesterday or today as I have put ESHA medicine incase of infection of any kind. So I'm letting the medicine do its work for a few days. Then I do another WC afterwards

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store