rajpradeep32@gmail.com

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
India
Silver arowana around 14cms, is stationary in front of aerator pump and gasping for air.

Mine is a 75 gallon tank, recently(almost a month back) the nitrogen cycle crashed and there was ammonia spike , so I have been doing continous 30 percent water changes in alternate days and am maintaining the ammonia between 0 to 0.5ppm..

Current readings after wc are ammonia 0ppm, nitrite 0ppm, nitrate between 20 to 40ppm...

Arowans seems to constantlt swimming back to the aertor pump and gasping for air, not sure what happened suddenly it was showing good appetite two days back and was normal... Now it has no appetite and seems to be almost stationary.. how can I save my fish, please advice.

Galantspeedz

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2017
erm... what's the point of testing after WC... doesn't it make more sense to test before WC?

Do you use anti chlorine during WC?

rajpradeep32@gmail.com

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
India
erm... what's the point of testing after WC... doesn't it make more sense to test before WC?

Do you use anti chlorine during WC?
Without WC the ammonia readings would be between 0.25 to 0.5ppm since the tank is still cycling, after WC I just make sure that it is at 0ppm, just trying to achieve that range with wc.

I am using a RO filter to process the tap water. The main reason of using rofilter is because tap water contains chlorine in it. I have not been using any antichlorine until today where I used recommended dosage of seachem prime to be on the safer side.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Would cont with water changes. Get some aquarium media from a friend and add to ur tank. If not then dose with some bacteria in a bottle. What’s ur filtration setup? If you cont with r/o water then u need to add back the minerals in the water as it’s unstable (water goes bad quick without bufees) without it like now. Dechlorinated tap should help fix that now.

Reduce stress. Dim lights. Add some floating plants.

Best of luck.

rajpradeep32@gmail.com

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
India
Would cont with water changes. Get some aquarium media from a friend and add to ur tank. If not then dose with some bacteria in a bottle. What’s ur filtration setup? If you cont with r/o water then u need to add back the minerals in the water as it’s unstable (water goes bad quick without bufees) without it like now. Dechlorinated tap should help fix that now.

Reduce stress. Dim lights. Add some floating plants.

Best of luck.
2 eheim 2217 filters.
Add back the minerals, can I try something like seachem replenish??

DOOB

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 17, 2018
toronto canada
Blend ur tap water with the ro water to achieve desired results with GH and KH using seachem prime at recommened dose to remove chlorine

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store