Arowana ID?

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
silver and his going to need a bigger tank soon, they get big
Apparently you didnt read my OP did you......

Looks like he has dropsy eye already
Yea I noticed but he came with the tank so I'm not complaining. But he will be going into a pond where I've heard by many aro keepers that it helps the drop eye. The pond is 10x10x4 I think he'll enjoy it.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
silver and his going to need a bigger tank soon, they get big
Apparently you didnt read my OP did you......
In your OP you only noted that the 120 was a temporay tank, and did not give a time frame for upgrade. Given the fact that this fish grows anywhere between 1-3" per month, fishboy36 advise is solid. Since you did not know that the arowana was a silver, we can only assume you know nothing else about it, including growth rate.

My advice weight down the top and seal every hole no matter what size, hate to see this fish dried up on the floor because someone assumed you already knew what powerful jumpers these fish are.

E.C.

I'm looking at your soul
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2013
in the Living Water
In your OP you only noted that the 120 was a temporay tank, and did not give a time frame for upgrade. Given the fact that this fish grows anywhere between 1-3" per month, fishboy36 advise is solid. Since you did not know that the arowana was a silver, we can only assume you know nothing else about it including growth rate.

My advice weight down the top and seal every hole no matter what size, hate to see this fish dried up on the floor because someone assumed you already knew what powerful jumpers these fish are.
+1 they can even destroy lids, break glasses, and equipment within the tank. BTW, I'm bad at i.d. sorry. :p

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
I'm bad at i.d. sorry. :p
This is why it's best not to give advice if your just guessing or repeating what you heard.

Eglinlotus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2013
Ft Walton Beach, FL
I knew it was a silver I just didn't know if the color was a certain trait within silvers. I know they jump the lid is secured with bricks. Thanks for turning this thread into flaming thread. I'm done here.

David R

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2005
New Zealand
This is why it's best not to give advice if your just guessing or repeating what you heard.
or relying on wikipedia. :D

next time at least use fishbase.org! ;)

You're dead right about the lids thing though, a 2' silver is an incredibly powerful fish designed for leaping out of the water, breaking think glass lids or knocking off weighted lids is nothing for a fish like that. The brick is probably ok for now though.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
or relying on wikipedia. :D

next time at least use fishbase.org! ;)

You're dead right about the lids thing though, a 2' silver is an incredibly powerful fish designed for leaping out of the water, breaking think glass lids or knocking off weighted lids is nothing for a fish like that. The brick is probably ok for now though.
WTF wiki isnt all true? Noway bud LoL

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store