Arowana Tetra (Gnathocharax steindachneri)

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
They look less active then the exodons, looking at their body posture. Cannibalism would only be a problem if they are of largely varying sizes. If you are to get them, try to get them all about the same size.
possible about the activity level, though I can't imagine any small fish from the amazon are lazy.

also possible. but if they school and behave anything like exos I feel like nipping and killing happens in large groups.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
You had better make a thread about these...

Could well be. Also welcome to MFK
lol you realize who you are asking to take pics and start a thread right? haha. but if I can get ahold of them I may

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
lol you realize who you are asking to take pics and start a thread right? haha. but if I can get ahold of them I may
Lol. I would love to see some of these in a tank, pretty please

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Lol. I would love to see some of these in a tank, pretty please
I think they'd be unique for sure, and they only get 1.5 inches or so according to the info I just looked at, providing they don't seek and destroy tank mates you could do a unique comm. tank with these.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
One of my LFS having Charax Gibbosus for sale and I haven't see them for years, I want to buy a whole pack (tank) lol...I don't have a decision yet :p whole tank of them look cool too. They also have Exodon in stock too, I used to have 150G tank full of Exodon so I kinda want something I don't have or keep it before :p These Arowana Tetra really cool to have if I can find them lol

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Get them charax! Don't come around too often.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Get them charax! Don't come around too often.
Yep, I came back and got those Charax :) they are in QT tank for now.
I asked the staff what they usually feed them and the guy said mostly pellets and guppies feeder for treat lol then he throw some feeders in there...those Charax devoured them in seconds.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store