arowana

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Hi guys,

Just wondering is there an ultimate guide on arowana care? and how to tell the difference between different species of arowanas. Thanks and much appreciated!

Reactions: tlindsey

Bigfishnut

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2016
Warren PA
Even better!! Arowana are lid smashers. The get spooked, they go straight up, and hard! It's best to leave 4 to 6 inches or even more of space at the top of the tank. That's not always possible. They will sometimes hit the lid hard enough to injure themselves. I use polycarbonate green house covers on my aro tank. Has a bit of give. Just be sure to weight it down.

Reactions: Oscaric

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
Even better!! Arowana are lid smashers. The get spooked, they go straight up, and hard! It's best to leave 4 to 6 inches or even more of space at the top of the tank. That's not always possible. They will sometimes hit the lid hard enough to injure themselves. I use polycarbonate green house covers on my aro tank. Has a bit of give. Just be sure to weight it down.
Do they do this when they're young? Or just random? Yea I leave about 4inches of space. I even thought of upgrading to a 5ft tank to give it more space.

Oscaric

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2017
They just do it. 5ft is no where near big enough...8×4 would be a good start for lifetime
Even when he is living alone in the tank? Oh man. Okay got it. I'll go for the 5ft as a grow out tank then I'll upgrade in the near future. Btw do aros need any sorta black water conditions? I see them selling everywhere.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store