Arowana

Fancy-fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2022
I’m new here. I just got my 180 gallon tank set up for my arowana. He out grew his other tank now being moved up. I’m wanting to get him tank mates. He been by him self since I got him.

I was thinking flower horn, fire eel, green terror, knife fish.

I’m wondering what size I should get because my arowana is probably 2ft long.

also, decor wise what would be best. For substrate I have African cichlids mix ivory.

any help or information will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I’m new here. I just got my 180 gallon tank set up for my arowana. He out grew his other tank now being moved up. I’m wanting to get him tank mates. He been by him self since I got him.

I was thinking flower horn, fire eel, green terror, knife fish.

I’m wondering what size I should get because my arowana is probably 2ft long.

also, decor wise what would be best. For substrate I have African cichlids mix ivory.

any help or information will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!
Welcome aboard

Flowerhorn may be too aggressive and if you're wanting a Clown Knife they get very large. If a Silver Arowana you may have to upgrade again in the future.
I would replace the African Mix Ivory with pool filter sand.

Fancy-fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2022
I
Welcome aboard

Flowerhorn may be too aggressive and if you're wanting a Clown Knife they get very large. If a Silver Arowana you may have to upgrade again in the future.
[/QUOTi p
Welcome aboard

I plan on upgrading it eventually for arowana. He already is 2 ft. How do
You go about decorating it?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
You could add driftwood and plants. Keep upper part of aquarium free of space so arowana can swim freely.

Fancy-fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2022
You could add driftwood and plants. Keep upper part of aquarium free of space so arowana can swim freely.
here’s the Tank. I’m thinking imma do drift wood in middle and then make some rock work on the sides. With some fake plants.
DCE2A563-6747-4265-8915-AAEAB897A514.jpeg

Reactions: tlindsey

Simonas

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2008
Wirral, UK
Seeing as your arowana will be outgrowing that tank in the not too distant future I would keep tank mates to a minimum

I would be tempted to keep any tank mates to the lower part of the tank, fire eel, catfish, plecs

Reactions: tlindsey
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store