Arowana

Fancy-fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 24, 2022
Evening, I just moved my arowana. Hé was out of water for like 30-45 seconds. He is now at the bottom of the tank breathing heavily. I moved his filter over to give it an even better cycle of a tank.
my question is what can I do to get him adjusted.
any Help or advice will be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!
80D0FA71-A0EE-4D74-B7A0-5111CDE3CD20.jpeg

Rtc/tsn

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2021
Cincinnati
Evening, I just moved my arowana. Hé was out of water for like 30-45 seconds. He is now at the bottom of the tank breathing heavily. I moved his filter over to give it an even better cycle of a tank.
View attachment 1508369
Keep lights off, has the tank not been cycled yet? If not I’d squeeze a bio sponge of your filter into the tank water a bit just to spread all that bacteria into the water so it can start eating at the chemicals in the water. it’s best to drip acclimate them and temp acclimate to reduce as much stress as possible and ensure a safe transportation to the new tank, if you just dumped him Into the tank it’s too overwhelming and the new water conditions can and will put him into shock which can kill him or lead to disease. Not much you can do but wait and make him comfortable

Caveden

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2020
View attachment 1508369
View attachment 1508369
Arowanas tend to stay at the bottom or cower at a corner when they feel stressed. Eventually they would start swimming around again.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store