Asian Arowana rapid/heavy breathing - NEED HELP!!!

Viper99ACR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
Wow, glad to see the aro is doing fine now. Another option was to move the arowana in a temporary holding bin with 50% new water and lots of aeration while the silicone cured.

nismob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2018
Thanks for all the inputs guys.

I found that the water was lacking oxygen so I increased air pump power and added a mist air stone. I also added a small wave maker on top to increase water movement. As mentioned, my Aro is back to normal.

Ammonia is 0 or close to 0 since the test tube color is very hard to tell whether it is yellow or yellow with a slight green tint. I am sure my tank is cycled since I use the same filter from the old tank. Just new tank and 50gal new water.

Anyway, thanks all.

Reactions: narayanang76

Viper99ACR

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2018
You might want to get a Seachem ammonia badge. That way you don't have to keep testing and it shows you if there's any ammonia spikes.

Reactions: nismob

nismob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2018
You might want to get a Seachem ammonia badge. That way you don't have to keep testing and it shows you if there's any ammonia spikes.
Thanks Clint. I didn't know there is a product that gives constant reading. I will def look into this ammo badge.

As mentioned before, my Ammo and Nitrite are both 0. Nitrate has been high in the 40-80 and I am adding more plants to bring it down. I've just built a trickle tower bio filter on top of my tank and added more than 200 lucky bamboo and 1 big pot of peace lily on the top shelf. Roots under water and leaves out of water. I have high hope for this system.

Any product that offer constant reading on Nitrate?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store