ATTN: Please Post pics of your (Freshwater) Moray Eels!

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
Hello, Everyone! Please post some pictures of your "Freshwater" Moray Eels. Please also list how long the eel is, and if you have it in Freshwater, Brackish water, or Saltwater. If you have any pics that show the eel's teeth, please post them! Thanks everyone!

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
Here is a G. tile I had in saltwater. Don't have it any more, had one for years in brackish a long time ago

It's the one on top

Jloco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2011
Hammond, louisiana
They are definitely not freshwater, adults travel up river to lay there young then the hatchlings slowly make there way back to the sea
High end brackish to full marine to thrive, got rid of mine 3 wks ago

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
They are definitely not freshwater, adults travel up river to lay there young then the hatchlings slowly make there way back to the sea
High end brackish to full marine to thrive, got rid of mine 3 wks ago

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Yes, I am aware of this information, I only used the name "Freshwater" Moray eel because that is how they are most commonly labeled and recognized as.

Slippery K

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
If I could find a fw moray id grab one. But for now ill stick with my sw morays.

Sent from my GT-I5510M using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
That polyuranodon looks tremendous...i always wanted one (or an E. rhodochilus) when I kept brackish tanks. Out of curiosity have any of you guys kept G. polyuranodon in saltwater?

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
I disagree. I've kept G. tile (pictured above) in my low end brakcish tank for years (1.003-1.006).

Here is my G. polyuranodon kept in the same tank before he converted my return pump into a cuisinart. . .

View attachment 815057
My 20 inch G. tile is in freshwater right now with only a tiny amount of seasalt, not enough to even call the water Brackish though. I've had it for almost 2 years and since it was around 9 inches. As soon as I notice a change in its behavior I will probably get it into a brackish aquarium, but so far its been eating good and has been very active, especially in the evenings. But yes, with my experience so far, I have not needed to give it Brackish or Saltwater, but I've heard enough horror stories to have a back up plan just in case my G. tile beggins to prefer Brackish to marine conditions. By the way, that is one good looking eel!

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
FrMoray.jpg

My 20 inch Gymnothorax tile in his favorite hollowed out coconut shell.

Moray.jpg

FrMoray.jpg

Moray.jpg

CRfish23

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2012
michigan
I disagree. I've kept G. tile (pictured above) in my low end brakcish tank for years (1.003-1.006).

Here is my G. polyuranodon kept in the same tank before he converted my return pump into a cuisinart. . .

View attachment 815057
How much were either of those eels jw they absolutely amazing (in my opinion lol)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store