Aurantimaculata tank v2.0. Don’t die on me again !

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Why you don't change food? Instead of super worms some prawns krikets etc. After my feeding frenzy i m cleaning all the mess almost instantly

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
Like i said , it's a beautiful tank setup with beautiful fish inside! I m jealous hahaha, my striata is an ugly apex predator

TomatoandEgg

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2017

check this out, look at the mess. will it be different with prawns? More importantly are prawns a complete food for these guys?

Last edited:
Reactions: NikosKoul

Gaz_ham

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2008
northants, uk
They sure are messy! I usually chop the food in to smaller bits that can be swallowed without being torn apart. Prawn or mussels can be messy too if they don't swallow it whole.
I don't think any one food is a completely balanced, alternating between a few different things wouldn't hurt. We prefer variety and I'm sure fish do too.

Reactions: NikosKoul

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
I agree with Gaz , since they cant swallow it all you ll have the same problem. The key is the balanced diet. Prawns they are good but for 2 days a week. You can use prawns your worms 3 days and the other 2 days you can have some krikets for them. It good if you want one day to dont feed them at all. It helps the bioload and like this your fish will remain healthy

NikosKoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2018
Cyprus
It looks great. Just have in mind if you going to keep feed super wroms , like Gaz said chop them in smaller pieces

Gaz_ham

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2008
northants, uk
I agree with feeding every 2 or 3 days in warmer water and once or twice a week in cooler conditions with adult snakeheads. Young growing fish need more to keep up a good growth rate. I wouldn't leave it any longer than 2 days. A good feed every day works for me.
My brother also keeps snakeheads, he feeds them a smaller amount twice a day.
It's up to you at the end if the day, I'm sure we all do things slightly different

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store