Aussie natives Stocking.

Longfindragon

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2015
Sounds like an epic tank! Would it not be too many fish tho? I'm getting an 8ft tank soon and would love to stock it with a similar list. I have already 3 salmontail catfish, they're awesome fish, would love a platinum or golden barra

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
I bought another filter to run in combination with the sump to take filtration to around 13000LPH, the tank itself holding 1100L and the sump a further 250L or so. So filtration is pretty beefy.

I'll cut back to 1 eel. Trying to get rid of a stupid short neck turtle before I do any of this though.

Need to catch myself some salmon tails! Love those guys.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
And congratulations on the 8'! What are the dimensions? :)

Alonzo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2015
WOOT , i figured out how too post : )

-- Only native's i currently own are 2 archer fish, toxotes jaculatrix & toxotes microlepis

And they surely hate each other, but do live together.

Rodders02

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2015
Perth, Australia
Just caught a murray cod the other week in the dam. He's about 6-7 inches in a 40 breeder (only temporary when he gets too big he's going back into the dam). Woke up the other day to a frog on top of the tank so I chucked it in with him and in about 2 seconds he had inhaled it. I just heard a big slam and got a little bit wet! Not aggressive but VERY predatory. Great fish put up an awesome fight too

Greenspot

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 24, 2008
Australia
Joining for inspiration. I'd love a 6ft tropical community ank but I am just so scared of heating costs. So I'm thinking a cold water setup. What is there out there in way of peaceful schooling fish?
Othe than that, if I did grow up a yellow belly would he/she get a rich yellow belly in a tank? I really wanted a planted tank but I know they would dig up all the plants. At least my Murray used too.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Joining for inspiration. I'd love a 6ft tropical community ank but I am just so scared of heating costs. So I'm thinking a cold water setup. What is there out there in way of peaceful schooling fish?
Othe than that, if I did grow up a yellow belly would he/she get a rich yellow belly in a tank? I really wanted a planted tank but I know they would dig up all the plants. At least my Murray used too.
Rainbows would be best.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
They need fairly hot water though?
Tropical species not suitable but there are many that will be fine. Crimson Spots, Desert rainbows, Ornate Rainbows, Murray River etc. Pacific Blue
Eyes and Empire Gudgeons for a bit of variety.

Reactions: Greenspot
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store