Aussie natives Stocking.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Wow,looks like a big girl.....what is she?
Mary River Cod she is about 30lb. One of the broodstock in the hatchery. There is a guy producing F1 fish for sale now. Cool monster freshwater fish that US suppliers can now source. Don't grow as big as Murray Cod and prettier.

Reactions: Chub_by

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Wow,looks like a big girl.....what is she?
Mary River Cod she is about 30lb. One of the broodstock in the hatchery. There is a guy producing F1 fish for sale now. Cool monster freshwater fish that US suppliers can now source. Don't grow as big as Murray Cod and prettier.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Hmm never heard of the species.I did have a Murray Cod fingerling a while ago,perhaps our guy can get some of these sooner or later.

aussiemonsters

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2009
Australia
Hmm never heard of the species.I did have a Murray Cod fingerling a while ago,perhaps our guy can get some of these sooner or later.
Endangered species used to be extinct in all my local rivers except a couple of tributaries of one. Hatchery is part of species recovery plan been going for 30 years. They are now reestablished across entire former range. Only just become available in the hobby.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Very good for them then.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store