Azul grow out thread

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a school of azuls like that before. Makes it look very natural. Cool to see some are getting their adult colours too.

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Looks good. Who did you get them from?
Cheers, there all from a local breeder in oz. couldn’t tell you what generation from wild or location the original pair is from but they seem to be growing into some nice fish.

Peckoltia

Dovii
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2005
Azuls are looking Good Rhyno! Group of 10 looks mint.

I now know I have 1m 2f. As a pair spawned and what I thought was a male ended up being a girl.

The largest fish (male) is now 40cm (16") and a female at 35cm (14") and 25cm (10"). So a bit of variability with growth.

• Wow
Reactions: Matteus and Rhyno8

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
Crazy they’ve had a crack at spawning already. It’s funny you mention the growth thing I’ve noticed a few really starting to outgrow the rest and a couple really falling behind in my group at least half the size of the largest. No real aggression between them all at the moment a bit of chasing but that’s about it.

Eric A

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Australia
How’s the zullies going Ryano? Mine are starting to push past 20cm. One of them had a fight with some driftwood and damaged it’s eye. Not sure if it’s going to get better, it’s not seeing from that side at the moment, but getting less cloudy day by day. It almost looks like the outer shell ‘popped’ and deflated a bit, and a new shell is forming now.

Rhyno8

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2017
How’s the zullies going Ryano? Mine are starting to push past 20cm. One of them had a fight with some driftwood and damaged it’s eye. Not sure if it’s going to get better, it’s not seeing from that side at the moment, but getting less cloudy day by day. It almost looks like the outer shell ‘popped’ and deflated a bit, and a new shell is forming now.
There doing some growing by the sounds of it. Be interesting to see how it heals up only time will tell with that one, regardless should still live on fine. My squads growing I’ll get some better pics later but here’s the most recent. Biggest ones are 12”plus I drew some sharpie lines on one side of the tank in 12” increments to get a more accurate idea on size. They’ve definitely have a pecking order going. Still not having any major aggression issues the one or two random fin splits but that’s about it. 21213BF8-B55B-45EB-82FD-CDCA9DC01637.jpeg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store