Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
congrats... always great to hear people are breeding rays easier

conchabullosa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2006
Singapore
Nice, congrats, thats a lot of pups. What size is the mother? It usually takes about 2 to 3 days before the pups really start to take interest in the food, so don't worry too much until after that.

Don't know how avalible they are in Singapore but I would give them live black worms, really good for fattening up little rays.
Thanks for the feedback.
The mother is 30 cm diameter while father is slightly bigger prob 31 or 32 cm. You are right. i threw in live ghost shrimps but they do not seem to be interested at all. Probably will wait one or two more days to see if they get interested.
Don't think we have live black worms here??We do have tubiflex worms (live), might try that.
I have included a couple more pics. The one with pups and adults should give u an idea of the relative sizes of the pups and adults.

pup.jpg

pups.jpg

pups and adults.jpg

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
Wow, those are some big pups.

conchabullosa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2006
Singapore
Threw in some frozen bloodworms and,yes, definitely at least three pups are eating the worms.

Strangely enough, i saw two of the pups with whitish tips on their rear disc, just beside the tail. ? bite marks or infection? Please see the pics. May be due to the feeder baby catfish which i threw in to feed the juvenile flower ray staying with them. I probably will watch and see as the two affected pups still look otherwise healthy.
Any comments?

5july06b.jpg

5july06bbite.jpg

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
congrats daddy, hope the white stuff doesnt become a problem!

flyingsaucer owner

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2005
England
Threw in some frozen bloodworms and,yes, definitely at least three pups are eating the worms.

Strangely enough, i saw two of the pups with whitish tips on their rear disc, just beside the tail. ? bite marks or infection? Please see the pics. May be due to the feeder baby catfish which i threw in to feed the juvenile flower ray staying with them. I probably will watch and see as the two affected pups still look otherwise healthy.
Any comments?

Beautiful pups
They look like bite marks from the flower.
I wouldn't keep them in with the flower. Both of my flowers love to eat other rays tails :(

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
Congrats :thumbsup:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store