Baby ST

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Nope! I got it for $65 advertised as IT.

At the end of the day a $65 fish vs a $5000+ pulcher... Of course the fish will not be perfect, but it does have the characteristics. I brought a larger tank already, and hopefully it will survive till adulthood! :)

I totally agree with you about the clear photos :) I can tell you one thing, the bars are not clean. It's not the same clean bars as the fish in the link. I will repost the linkpic once I get home tonight :)
Oh okay,it's a nicely marked indo.I have picked out a few myself from tanks full of baby indos.

Reactions: dr exum

iridescence

Exodon
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2020
So tell me what does a CT / ST looks like in your eyes?

Is it.. the following;

1) 2nd bar is not full wrapped?
2) 3rd bar sway 45 degree angle?
3) 4th bar doesn't have a noticeable budge on top nor bottom like most IT does
4) tail bar 3 stripes or 2 stripes (full wrapped or not?). The bar stripes doesn't determine if it is an IT or CT / ST. We had a discussion on MFK about this finding years ago, its controversial.

Out of all the above, what do you see in my first picture on my 3rd post? :)
IT's will have two symmetrical bars near the tail.

For ST's the inner bar will be larger than the outer and connect to the last bar. (not always the case, but that is the dead giveaway)

You can see an example in the following link with all ST's.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
IT's will have two symmetrical bars near the tail.

For ST's the inner bar will be larger than the outer and connect to the last bar. (not always the case, but that is the dead giveaway)

You can see an example in the following link with all ST's.

so... according to your description. (please look at the tail bars and not the whole fish)

This consider to be a ST too? :eek:

the tail Inner bar is larger the one in front and back, and it's connected to the rear bar too..

It's a controversail arguement, 1 in a million fish will look different :eek:

maxresdefault.jpg

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
I am still abit confused, so your definition of ST's tail is only 2 bars as the pic above? or can they have 3 bars like the IT pic I have shown?

Reactions: dr exum

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
nice looking fish, how’s the future of a tank look?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store