bad brown algea

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
I have a 55 gallon, a 20 long and two ten gallon tanks at the moment my 20 long used to have small African cichlids in it, and it always stayed cloudy, I realized they needed a new home so I had them moved to a new home. I replaced every bit of water, well almost.. and all new decorations besides 2 rocks from the old cichlid tank and now with my jack Dempsey of 4 inches inside the gravel that's black is turning brown and it is all happening over again, I have an aquaclear 50 on it with half of the same stuff inside as the cichlids had when they were inside anybody know of a way to resolve my cloudy water and brown algea? Amm. 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 10ppm thanks

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
can reduce the brown alga by reducing the nutrients in the tank, AKA not over feeding and at least once a week to a thorough vacuuming and large water change, for cloudy water sounds like you are under filtered. I would at least another AC50, if not a 70 or 110, A canister by a good ideal also, Eheim clasic 2217 a good one paired with a AC70 or 110.

Reactions: millerkid519

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
can reduce the brown alga by reducing the nutrients in the tank, AKA not over feeding and at least once a week to a thorough vacuuming and large water change, for cloudy water sounds like you are under filtered. I would at least another AC50, if not a 70 or 110, A canister by a good ideal also, Eheim clasic 2217 a good one paired with a AC70 or
Yeah I could probably use another filter

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store