Bala shark sucking slime?

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
There's really nothing more any of us can say.

My bet is still in the same place. Ditch the plecos... Bristlenose are notorious Aholes and have stiff barbs all over their snout. They could easily do this damage in quick time while you are sleeping or at work. There's a reason why I don't own any plecos and dozens of other ray keepers do the same. Their size doesn't matter or rule them out as suspects. This isn't a sherlock holmes mystery or a game of "Clue"

This is going to end in a dead fish. I feel this is a really simple decision.

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary

My bet is still in the same place. Ditch the plecos... Bristlenose are notorious Aholes and have stiff barbs all over their snout. They could easily do this damage in quick time while you are sleeping or at work. There's a reason why I don't own any plecos and dozens of other ray keepers do the same. Their size doesn't matter or rule them out as suspects. This isn't a sherlock holmes mystery or a game of "Clue"

Not disputing you on this however definately not sold this is a bristlenose. If I go through the trouble of taking out the plecos only to have dead ray anyway I just want some thoughts on it. These are starting to look like ray bites in my opinion.

IMG_0987.JPG

IMG_0988.JPG

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
Pl

Plecos are now gone FYI so I guess time will tell

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
I know it seems like Diesel is being mean or maybe rude but its from pure care about the Ray. 99% of the time it's plecos. Every time I've seen an issue on here with rays and there is a pleco in the tank it's usually the plecos fault.Unfortunately Rays dont get along with many fish

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
I know it seems like Diesel is being mean or maybe rude but its from pure care about the Ray. 99% of the time it's plecos. Every time I've seen an issue on here with rays and there is a pleco in the tank it's usually the plecos fault.Unfortunately Rays dont get along with many fish
Thanks for this however I don't think he is being mean or rude. I asked an opinion on a forum and he gave me an answer.

Reactions: JK47

rudy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
calgary
Update on this. The ray unfortunately is dead. Went downhill in quarantine and wounds got worse. If you can see the entire disc is covered. Who knows if it was the plecos but they are gone so won't affect the others. Treating the tank with Nitrofurizone. Rays in the main tank are not doing well but no wounds so who knows. Could have been the plecos, could have been the water here due to spring run off, could have been something else. A few years back we imported some marbles that came down with something similar. Most died and a few survived. Gotta have a strong stomach and a big wallet keeping these creatures

51986499374__098F1FC3-A83E-4D12-A465-7C67734ADEE5.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store