Ban from Fish Stores?

CentralMayhem

MONSTER FISH EATER
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, California
these are captive bred fish most of the time brother. bettas should be outlawed as should goldfish because we just throw them into bowls. no goldfish can live its entire life span in a glass jar. but i dont care there are millions of them. little baby cows are confined to such little spaces so we can eat veal. stuff dies. it could be a big problem if it had an impact on the species. if you were a good salesman, you would have talked prospective buyers of the oscars out of the situation and recommended some irian jaya rainbows or something. but if you sold them the fish you have to not think if its gonna ever get the tank space it needs. i talked hundreds of customers into getting different fish than what they chose initially. you have to be knowledgeable about the whole situation and ask questions and make suggestions. but there are people out there who will tell you they have a 120 gallon tank and in reality they have a 29 gallon and they know the fish they want gets big. some people cant be talked out of it. if we had to get these fish from private breeders or have permits for them they would go up in price as well. opinions are like *******s man. people raise pet pigs to eat them. people in other countries eat dogs. i personally feel that an arapima shouldnt be sold in stores, but who am i to tell someone that they cannot try. once we have a problem with the fish becoming extinct or severly in trouble of becoming so, then we can think of not selling those fish. until then do something to fix it if it is that big of a deal to you. talk is cheap. but come on man you gonna have the SPCA knocking on our doors to make sure our fish are housed correctly. its a fact of life that our hobby has progressed far enough to make it possible for some of us to keep those monsters. the only way to keep them out of the wrong hands is to charge an arm and a leg for them and hope that a black market doesnt open up for the things. if you and i can get em, so can the kid who has a 55 gallon in his room. try to educate people and maybe we can cut down on the practice of keeping theses fish in too small tanks. i know Tropical Fish Hobbyist discourages people from buying something that they may not be able to provide for over the entire span of their life. but they still have articles for those of us who can provide and care for our charges. educate people and tell them to pass the knowledge on. the problem will still be around. never gonna stop. and if we try it will probably just bite us in the ass. happy fish keeping vitaly. people like you make these forums a better place. i like honesty no matter what the subject. good posts are not always easy to come by. see ya

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store